Friday, December 13, 2013

January Jeans Club 2014: What Makes You Beautiful

During this avalanche of holiday treats, shopping, cleaning, and decorating threatening to roll over us and trap us, we can lose perspective about ourselves. I think that any person generally has lower confidence, just from being tired.

Our little shortcomings, perhaps a couple of holiday snacks we ate that could have been avoided, feel grossly exaggerated. I humorously call cookies "evil," at the grocery store, but they are merely cookies. We are not evil either for having a few, even though in hindsight, it wasn't a good choice.

Perhaps, we don't have as much money as we'd like for gifts, as though it is objects that ever made people love us. People love us because we are beautiful, perhaps in our ability to listen to them, to be on their personal team of supporters, or just to be available when nobody else seems to be.

We are beautiful. You are beautiful. I think it would give you *more* energy to spend 2 minutes to remind yourself of that today. Plus, it will help you to make better food choices.

So the 2-minute January Jeans Club message for *you* today is found here:


This is my message to you! And I hope it is your message to yourself too.

Have a super day, you beautiful person!

:-) Marion

11 comments:

  1. awww, so sweet! I think sleep is a precious commodity that we must covet in December. We ARE running ragged...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) this post made me smile, thankyou Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true!! We are all special and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm ... cleaning and decorating ... guess I should start thinking about those. Thanks for the upbeat message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the message!

    The last few weeks have been very hectic, and I'm currently fighting off a cold. It's so important to rest! I went non-stop today and finally decided it's enough for today, and I really have to take care of myself. I don't eat anymore when things get stressful, but I still forget to take care of myself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this reminder, Marion. I recommend to everyone this little link http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/ - to help us take just two minutes out of our busy day to breath .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet message Marion! You are beautiful too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post, Marion. You're such a help and inspiration for so many of us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this was a sweet post Marion!

    Thanks for sharing.

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marion yes at this time of year I agree " we can lose perspective about ourselves ".

    This time of year seems to go mad. I try to STOP and take a deep breath. Then think about what really is important to me and my family - the rest then seems to fall into place.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Put a smile on my face - thank you Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Have a wonderful day!