I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Chris Barnes over at Wisdom*Courage*Power blog. Thanks, Chris! Now, what I really enjoy about Chris is that he absolutely loves his fitness. Loves it! That guy has fitness enthusiasm that matches my own.
This is the Liebster Award! The word Liebster means 'Beloved' in German--and a show of love and support is what this award is all about. The idea is to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
Here is how Marion's version of the award works:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 3 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
No tag backs!
I will admit, I've been nominated other times before. That is the reason why I've limited it to 3 new bloggers to nominate for the award, so this does not come off as a chain letter type of thing to avoid. However, I haven't put random facts about myself on my blog for a while, so here goes.
11 Random facts about myself:
1) As I write this, I'm drinking masala chai tea, which is a spicy sweet Indian tea that has black pepper in it. It's like a spice cookie with peppery kick. I'm not certain if I enjoy the black pepper or not--still debating that.
2) I sang second alto in a select college choir of 13 women. I do not have a low speaking voice, but I can sing quite low.
3) My feet got almost one shoe size smaller when I lost this last 20 pounds. I don't really understand how or why (Possibly my ends of my toes or my heels got slimmer? Or my arch is so much higher from less weight?). All I know is that size 10s now fit much better than most size 11s, my former best shoe size.
4) Yes, Neil Diamond is old but he's still super hot when he sings. I told my husband to age just like him, and I'd be happy. (Or like Patrick Stewart, aka Captain Jean-Luc Picard, his choice.)
Evidence that Neil Diamond still's got it: (Looks even better on full-screen!) I wish I had 10% of his charisma! (And as I was watching this, my teen son came over and said, "That guy is good!")
5) My room smells like pumpkin spice, due to a plug-in from Bath & Body Works.
6) One year, I read over 200 books. I learned a lot, and more importantly, realized that I'm a fairly normal person (which, sometimes in the past, I really wondered!).
7) I write with a lot of exclamation points, because I actually talk like that. I'm a very animated speaker, and I'm always quite excited about my day! :D
8) Keebler (dog) and I run around the block (yes, only 1 block) in the warmer months.
9) I can write legibly with both hands, both at a reasonable pace.
10) I read chapter books by myself in first grade.
11) I also embroidered fairly well in first grade.
Now to Chris's questions for me:
1) What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about writing. I feel that writing is my most developed skill besides mothering. I love being a mother.
2) What motivates you to get things done?
I'm motivated mostly because I like a good result that I am proud of. I always strive to like who I am at the end of the day.
3) What stops you from achieving your goals?
Mostly, that would be me. Secondly, maybe financial resources, but mostly my own inadequacy fears.
4) Batman or Superman (Human physical and mental greatness or Alien god-like powers)?
This isn't even close. I like Batman much better.
5) Do you have pets?
Keebler, my blog mascot, is my dog, best friend, and dog psychiatrist.
6) If you could travel anywhere for relaxation or excitement where and what would it be?
I'd go visit Satu in Finland.
7) What is your favourite movie and why?
Well, I do really think that Rocky is the movie that encapsulates the American Dream, perhaps every person's dream, even outside of America. I especially like that scene where the night before the fight, Rocky confides to Adrian that he does not expect to beat Creed, and that all he wants is to "go the distance." And I love the run through Philadelphia and up the Philadephia Museum of Art steps. I love the theme song so much. And I love the speech vernacular that is so special to this film. Sylvester Stallone wrote one amazing script.
8) Would you use a time machine to alter your past? Knowing that any changes made could completely change your life/knowledge/personality now?
No, because I have the 4 most awesome children.
9) What’s your all time favourite band?
Boston. I love (!!!) every single song of their first album. It is the perfect-est album ever made. Brad Delp had the most beautiful voice. The guitar duets are awesome! My favorite songs are: Hitch A Ride, Let Me Take You Home Tonight, More Than a Feeling, and Don't Look Back. (If Boston did not exist, I'd probably have chosen Bachman Turner Overdrive).
10) What makes a good friend?
A good friend delights in you and feels lucky to be part of your life. He or she values your opinion and believes your life experience gives you unique insight. And he or she wants to help you reach your potential with lots of encouragement, but at times, tells you the truth if it will help you even if it is a little hard to take. And you feel the same way about this friend.
11) Why do you blog?
Friendship first, even over fitness. I love to inspire. I enjoy friend's personal triumphs. And I do love to write; I practice my writing here. When I write, I confirm my own beliefs to myself.
The three new bloggers (at least "new" to me) I chose for the award are:
1) Chris at Thiiirdly
Chris is a very new blogger who is already getting super fitness/weight results. I greatly(!!!) enjoy his writing style.
2) Gwen at Sky 'n' Surf.
Although Gwen is also a very new blogger, I've already read one of her blog posts that lingered in my mind (which I am going to mention in one of my future posts)! (Gwen, I know that you got chosen for this award by another blogger, so hopefully, you can merge the two requests together. Feel free to skip parts of mine if you want to.)
3) Tanvee at Life...as I know it.
Tanvee is a weight/fitness success who has a variety of diverse ideas on her blog. I'm so glad I found this blog.
My questions are: ( I tried to make these easy and fun to answer!)
1. What is a great personal insight you want to share?
2-4) 3 favorite songs and why you like them.
5-6) 2 favorite movies and why you like them.
7-8) 2 books (or articles, if you can't think of any books) you have read that influenced your life/thinking.
9) Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
10-11) What are 2 specific topics that you would like to see addressed on fitness/weight management blogs (including mine)?
This Liebster Award process takes a lot of work(!), but it is a good cause to befriend/promote new bloggers. Friends, please check out Chris's, Gwen's and Tanvee's blogs with the links above.
<3 Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you have a "lovely" day! <3